Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Podcast Bloggy: Tenacious D

Brent Here:

I have been a Tenacious D fan for a long-time and it’s awesome to see them back on the music scene. Tenacious D consists of Jack Black and Kyle Gass. I guess the genre of music they create can best be described as Comedy-Rock, they make rock songs that have amazingly clever and funny lyrics but are still excellently made rock songs. Jack Black is the singer, Kyle Gass does back-up vocals and plays acoustic guitar, and they are typically joined by random members playing electric guitar, bass and drums including frequent contributor Foo Fighter’s Dave Grohl on drums. Here is the video from their first album for the greatest song in the world, “Tribute.”




The reason I bring up Tenacious D is they have a new album that is being released in stores TODAY! I had the album pre-ordered for a while and it will be here shipped by Amazon today. I am definitely excited to check that out as they were awesome last night on Letterman performing their new song Roadie.



I highly recommend checking out all of their work whether it’s their first self-titled album “Tenacious D”, “The Pick of Destiny” movie or soundtrack, and today’s new release “Rise of the Fenix.” The actual albums are available as well as the MP3s, if you’re into that sort of thing. Amazon provides an excellent MP3 service, as their prices regularly are much better than iTunes and they can be downloaded straight into your iTunes library.


Probably my favorite Tenacious D product is “The Complete Master Works” which features a concert from the live tour for their self-titled album, including Jack Black playing the Saxoboom! As well as their very Flight of the Conchordish HBO shorts that they did for a few songs on the first album. It’s a 2 DVD set that delivers nothing but hours of awesomeness.


I have bought tickets to see them in concert July 7 in Chicago and this will be my first time seeing the D live and I could not be more excited to finally see them perform and rock my face off in person. I hope you give them a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment