Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Podcast Bloggy: The Gosling

Brent Here:



This one is for the ladies! As today we are talking about Ryan Gosling. Anthony’s watching of Crazy, Stupid, Love and tweets about Ryan Gosling had me thinking about him (not in THAT way), in retrospect to me saying that Crazy, Stupid, Love was his breakout movie and one of the reasons he won the Brenty Award for last year (as well as Drive, and more minorly The Ides of March). Anthony mentioned that it was his first Ryan Gosling movie and it had me temporarily brainfarted into thinking it was mine as well, as I have never seen the movie he is most associated with, The Notebook.




So I went to Ryan Gosling’s IMDB and realized that I obviously had seen him before. He was in 2006’s Half Nelson, which was the movie that put him on most of Hollywood’s map and 2010’s Blue Valentine with Michelle Williams. Butt I didn’t even think of my previous favorite movie, Lars and the Real Girl.



I suppose the reason I didn’t think of this, is this is not your typical Ryan Gosling movie. As the character he plays isn’t sexy or cool, but instead he’s about as big of an outcast as possible. Due to his inabilities to find companionship in a human, which you wouldn’t typically think of as a Gosling issue, he starts up a relationship with a real doll that he orders. Needless to say this is a very enjoyable off-beat movie and should not be missed whether you are a fan of Ryan Gosling or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment