Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Sherlock Coming Winter 2013



Sherlock is one of my favorite TV shows, in as much as it really isn’t much of a TV show. Sherlock instead films 3 episodes a season, all of which are around an hour and a half long.  The show stars Benedict Cumberbatch (the villian in the upcoming Star Trek film) and Martin Freeman (Bilbo Baggins’ in The Hobbit films) and is a re-imagining of classic Sherlock Holmes stories in modern times* and is absolutely brilliant.  Need another reason to watch it?  Steven Moffat the current showrunner and writer of some of the best Doctor Who** episdoes, including “Blink”, created this show and writes one of the three episodes each season.

I’ve talked a little bit on the podcast about Sherlock but I just found out that they plan on beginning production on Season 3 this week and should be airing this coming winter.  I could not be more excited as this gives me a chance to hopefully revisit all of the episodes before then but also gives those who haven’t watched it yet the opportunity to do so.  It is available for Free on Amazon Prime Instant Video and I believe it’s also available with your streaming Netflix account (I don’t have one to double check but it was when I was last subscribed).  So what are you waiting for?  Enjoy Sherlock today and thank me later.


*But Brent, that idea sounds familar and is already being done by Elementary on CBS.  F*** that show.

**You don’t watch Doctor Who? What’s wrong with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment